Hello! I am honored that you are here! My name is Jorja and I’m a teacher who is passionate about Dual Language and Bilingual education.
Here’s a little about me:
1. I am a wife and mom before I am a teacher. My husband and daughter always come first. I love my little family.
2. I’m a Mexican born in Ohio. Huh?
All of my family is from Mexico. My dad was relocated to Ohio for work when my mom was pregnant so I was “accidentally” born there. I lived in Mexico my whole life. When I was a little girl we moved several times. I have lived in Laredo (which I don’t remember at all), Zacatecas, Monterrey and we finally settled in Juarez (where my parents lived originally).
3. I learned English in a Dual Language school in Juarez. My first language is Spanish. My parents gave me the greatest gift of providing me with bilingual education my whole life. This is where my love for bilingual education began.
4. I didn’t officially come to the U.S. until I got married. My college experience was a huge cultural shock. I had a lot to learn. Even though (I thought) I knew English I struggled with many classes because of the academic language level. But I did it!!
5. My husband and I are raising our daughter bilingual. My husband does not speak Spanish so he speaks to her in English and I speak to her in Spanish only. I’m always amazed to see what her bilingual brain can do!
6. I love children’s books in Spanish. There is never enough!! It is hard for me to not purchase when I see one I don’t have. Being a teacher and bilingual mom hasn’t made it easier on my pocket!!
7. I am a teacher author/content creator that LOVES to connect with other teachers and help them. You can find me on Instagram, Facebook, TPT, and in my FB Dual Language group. I would love to connect with you!
Thank you for sticking until the end! I would love to get to know you. Don’t forget to check out my social media so we can chat!!